Setting Goals & Executing Them
Certain assumptions have been made. The advise is generic with certain assumptions and may vary for each individual based on their own desires, challenges and personal hurdles.
- Journal or share your thoughts with someone to get clarity on your goals or to bounce off and to look for pitfalls and self-blocks.
- Create a bank of goals you like to achieve, in general and specifically for the next one year.
- Make or chose only one personal and one professional goal for the year. Example: Start an exercise and sustain (personal goal) and write a book i.e. 1st draft or send to publisher (professional goal).
- Set a clear start date/now to pursue your goal and end date to review or reflect on your word.
- Chunk it down to smaller goals to reach the annual one. Like 3 monthly or monthly.
- Review your progress, course correct accordingly.
- Create a reset button or restart task if things fall out or there is any major disruption to your lifestyle (similar to habit task).
- Have an affirmation to support your goal seeking.
- Have a support group or a mentor to see you through to your goals.
- Have a celebration plan when you reach your goal and celebrate when you reach it.
Capt. Preetham Madhukar